If you stopped by our office in Española, New Mexico, on any given week, you’d see a number of things going on…
* A group of folks collecting shovels and gardening tools to head out to the Española Healing Foods Oasis and plant native fruit trees
* Young people from our A’Gin Healthy Sexuality & Body Sovereignty Project putting together gift bags of food and homemade art for families in need
* A classroom of new parents learning how to make herbal remedies for winter colds, offered by our Yiya Vi Kagingdi Doula Project
* A group of women coming to our Spirit of Butterfly circle, held by our VOICES program, to share dinner, receive support, and learn about self-care practices
* Our Circle of Grandmothers – SaYain – offering a nurturing and grounding foundation for all of the above
And that’s just a sample of all that happens around here!
So many diverse community offerings happen through Tewa Women United — but they are all braided together with one intention: to end violence against women, girls, and Mother Earth, and to grow beloved community. That has been at the heart of our work for almost 30 years, and will continue to be.
This December, we would so much appreciate your support to enable us to continue this work in a sustainable way into the coming year. Every gift matters! Together we can grow beloved community.
From our heart to yours,
The staff of Tewa Women United
(If you’ve already made a donation, thank you so much!)
Your year-end gift helps to sustain our ongoing work to end violence against women, girls, and Mother Earth.
Tewa Women United is a 501(c)3 and your donation is tax-deductible.
When you donate to Tewa Women United through NativeGiving.org 100% of your contribution goes directly to TWU, thanks to the generosity of First Nations Development Institute.