An Invitation to Support Our Sayain / Circle of Grandmothers
As this year comes to a close, it’s a wonderful time to remember the heartfelt joy that comes when you give from your heart in support of a cause you believe in.
This year, all donations received by Tewa Women United through December 31, 2018, will support our Sayain / Circle of Grandmothers. These beloved wisdom keepers are the nurturing breath that inspires so much of our work! Learn more about them here.
Your gift today will help us to:
- Provide overall support for the Sayain to sustain their work.
- Establish a fund to enable Sayain and local intertribal grandmothers to actively participate in intergenerational community activities, bring water protectors to public hearings, and so much more.
- Create healthy food bundles — including local dried meats, blue corn, teas and herbs — for community elders and those who would not otherwise have access to these local foods. This project will bring a spark of joy to memory keepers and show that their contributions have not gone unnoticed.
- Offer our Trauma Rocks intergenerational healing workshops to tribal and diverse community groups.
- Make it possible to bring our “Tell Me a Story” project to life: elders and youth coming together in shared wisdom, and as a way to maintain our dynamic vibrational Tewa language
Every dollar you give is like a snowflake that carries much needed moisture to nourish the ground of our work and our communities. Our goal is to raise $10,000 by December 31 to support the Sayain — in other words, 10,000 snowflakes!
Your donation of any amount is deeply appreciated. Make an online donation by clicking this button:
If you prefer to mail your gift — or if you simply want to drop us a love note — you may send it to:
Tewa Women United
PO Box 397
Santa Cruz, NM . 87567
Many blessings upon you and your loved ones during this holiday season, and Baya kibo’o Ku’unda wo’ ha (thank you)